I’ve been such a slack blogger lately. When I lived in Raleigh and ran a previous incarnation of TSSB (which went by the name of The Southern Belle Cooks), I had no problem keeping my blog updated with recipes and almost daily updates on my eating habits (I guess you would have classified me as a healthy foods blogger during that time). It was so easy for me though – the Raleigh Farmer’s Market was right down the road from my house and I had a Whole Foods less than 10 minutes away.
But since moving home, my healthy eating has gone by the wayside which has sort of unmotivated my blogging efforts. But I am going to try my hardest to maintain this blog with more frequent updates and hopefully get back in to a healthier lifestyle – or at least eat less processed foods.
So here’s what I’m going to do. Starting Sunday, I’m putting myself on a complete soda ban and limiting my sweet tea drinking to one glass a day (I am a Southerner – so I need my sweet tea). I’m completely banning fast food, except for one meal a week. I won’t be able to go to the grocery store until Saturday, so I’m going to try my hardest to behave and watch my eating until I can get some healthier options around the house.
So what have I been up to lately?
- Pet sitting (just finished up one gig today)
- Contemplating a move back to the city (not necessarily Raleigh, but any medium-sized city. Maybe Charlotte. Maybe Savannah. Maybe Orlando.)
- More work
- Little bit of writing
It’s not very exciting around here, as you can see. I enjoy the peacefulness of living in the middle of nowhere, of getting to see the stars at night, enjoying the fresh, unpolluted air, but I feel like living here is just a placeholder until I figure out my options. So I’m giving myself 6 months to make some sort of decision in regards to my living arrangements.
Anyway! I realized earlier today that I never posted what I received in March’s Goodies Box. I did post a picture of it over on my Instagram account, but I like listing out what I received. March’s box focused on breakfast items. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day but the one that I so often forget to indulge in, so it’s nice to try out some new products that will force me to take the time to enjoy myself in the morning.
- Alo Water in Watermelon/Peach – When I lived up in Raleigh, I had a japanese roommate who loves aloe vera drinks and I have to admit, I really enjoyed the taste!
- Ola! Handbaked Granola
- Rickland Orchards Greek Yogurt Coated Granola Bar
- BelVita Cinnamon Brown Sugar Breakfast Biscuits
- Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves – This is the cutest little jar of preserves ever!
- Erin Baker’s Breakfast Cookie – Made with whole grain oats and sweetened with fruit puree, I’m looking forward to trying this.
- Jovan’s All Natural Instant Breakfast – A breakfast shake, perfect for those mornings where I’m rushing.
- Nabisco Newtons Triple Berry – I really love fig newtons so I was thrilled to see this in my box.
That’s it for now!