Ever have one of those weeks where it seems like you are being pulled in a hundred different directions? That is how last/this week has been. I’ve been busy at work this week, busy making product for The Southern Belle’s Garden (with shows scheduled last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), not to mention family obligations/emergencies (3 relatives in the hospital). Not that I am complaining. Things do tend to fall by the wayside during busy weeks. I don’t get to spend as much time with my boyfriend, my dog, my chickens, or with just myself and I do enjoy my alone time. With the holiday season starting to ramp up full-swing, I know that my precious free time will dissipate, so I need to use it wisely.
I’m blessed in that stress doesn’t affect me all that much. I’ve been called “zen” on more than one occasion and don’t let my feathers get too ruffled. But here are some of my favorite ways to relax when I start to find myself feeling a little too run down.
- Breathe. My mantra is “Just Breathe.” To take a moment and realize that this too shall pass and that everything will be okay. I really focus on my breathing, inhaling deeply and slowly so that my body expands – exhaling slowly and feeling the stress on my body lessen. I’ve thought many times of getting that mantra tattooed so that I will always have it to remember but haven’t yet (along with something representing my favorite movie – The Lion King).
- Soak. There is nothing that relaxes me faster than a tub filled with hot water (almost unbearable hot is what I like) and a good book. Maybe a candle to the side. That’s sort of why I started making my bath salts and soaks in the first place. They are blends that I enjoy using when I feel a little on edge.
- Pamper. Going along with SOAK, I also enjoy it when I can have a few moments, however brief, to pamper myself. I like to kick back, slather a mask on my skin, and just relax. My favorite mask is a blend of raw honey and lemon juice (Mix together 1 tbsp. honey + juice from 1/2 lemon – apply to face, avoiding eye area, and let sit 15-30 minutes before rinsing) that leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean.
- Declutter. Declutter your mind, declutter your house/car/whatever. Sometimes we just have way too much stimulation in our lives. So get rid of some of it. If you have 20 things on your brain, write them down to give them the focus they deserve. Reduce some of the clutter in your home. Throw away or donate items that are no longer of use to you.
- Oils. Except for my slight addiction to soda (that I’m working on), I try to live a somewhat healthy life. I have discovered that using essential oils is key to maintaining my focus in life. While peppermint is my all-time favorite essential oil and the oil used most in my product, I am a big fan of Young Living’s VALOR blend. VALOR is a blend of Black Spruce, Rosewood, Frankincense, and Blue Tansy that promotes a sense of relaxation. Sometimes I diffuse it, sometime I apply it my feet or on my wrists.
What are your favorite ways to relax and destress?
Interested in receiving your own Young Living oils at a discount? Consider signing up as a Wholesale Member to save 24% off of the retail price on all product purchases! For more information, contact me or click here to join.