I definitely went over my $40 budget this time. I ended up spending $50.50! But in my defense, there was a new vendor this week that had some awesome goodies. Also in my defense, I was working as a vendor myself so while I spent money, I made money. 🙂
So here is what I got from the Edenton Farmer’s Market:
- Homemade Peach Vinegar – I love this! She also had homemade red wine vinegar available as well but I had to make the tough choice between the two.
- Rabbit’s ear chew for a dog
- Tasty truffles
- Two kinds of sweet potato (Burgundy and… another kind)
- Pickled Okra
- Amish butter – Yes, it is a brick of butter. I let it soften over the weekend and divided into small rounds and froze those rounds so I can use what I need.
- Sample of a shave oil to try (I love the smell already – lavender and sandalwood)
Along my discounted pork roast that I purchased at the grocery store the other day (encrusted with the lamb rub I purchased a while back from the farmer’s market), I decided to toss a bunch of vegetables in to roast. So in the pan below, there are carrots, sunchokes, turnips, garlic, sweet potato, butternut squash (all from the farmer’s market), along with potatoes and onions. I added a bit of vegetable broth in the bottom as well.
Friday night, I ventured to downtown Elizabeth City for the SPCA’s second annual cookie extravaganza. Located in an old jewelry store, there are cookies EVERYWHERE. For $5, you get to pick out any dozen cookies that are available. I stumbled across this event randomly last year but make it a point to attend this year.