I had a big mail day this week – 5 packages and a magazine! One of the smaller packages (a little envelope that you can’t see) held a surprise for my mom and my boyfriend, so I really don’t count that as one of MY packages. 🙂 But one of the items I was most excited to receive was my March Henny & Roo box.
With my old flock of chickens, I purchased monthly Henny and Roo boxes on a regular basis (example). Henny and Roo is a line of subscription boxes that are geared towards chickens and chicken owners. One of my favorite boxes in the past included a coupon for LIVE mealworms. That was a treat that my old girls loved.
Feeling bad that I haven’t spoiled my new flock, I ordered a March box.
Here’s what my box contained:
- Two Hen Painting Greeting Cards [Tammy Phelps | The Colour of Water] – These are super cute and I can’t wait to use them.
- Chicken Keeper’s Keychain [thesilverchicken.etsy.com] – This is definitely going on my key ring!
- Coupon for free bag of Dumor’s Organic Poultry Feed at Tractor Supply Co.
- Package of Chubby Mealworms
- DooKashi for Poultry
- Countryside Magazine
- Henny & Roo Rosemary Coop Spray – It’s funny, one of the posts that I have been contemplating recently was on a spray for the coop. This rosemary coop spray smells so good and helps to keep the coop fresh and repel insects.
- Candling Flashlight – For checking on chicks developing in the eggs
- Nesting Box Liner – which is utilized as the packaging material. I love that I can reuse it.
These girls have never experienced the wonder of what is mealworms and they quickly became obsessed with these delicious little morsels. Happy chickens equal delicious eggs in my mind and I enjoy spoiling them every now and then.