It’s only fortuitous that I stumbled upon Grove Collaborative during my prime nesting time. Just ask Robb. I don’t really like cleaning but all of a sudden, I found myself excited about cleaning products and getting our house spotless before Lil Bean arrived. Ever since we started dating, I would occasionally get bitten by the organization bug (typically when he’s out of town so that he doesn’t see what I’m tossing as I’m cleaning the pantry or linen closet) but that has certainly increased during my pregnancy.
I think that he’d love it if I didn’t come up with a new project for him to do every time I started organizing something.
I’ve always been a little funny about my cleaning supplies. I prefer products that are non-toxic and have not been tested on animals. Not that we’re introducing a little one into our home, it is even more important that I focus on that. I do make a lot of my own products, such as toilet bombs and a linen spray but it is nice to have some other options around the house, especially if I’m feeling lazy.
Enter Grove Collaborative. Grove Collaborative is an online service that allows you to pick out the best natural products and have them delivered to the door. They are a Certified B Corp which means that they have passed the most rigorous standards for businesses that prioritize social, environmental, and community well-being (other companies include Patagonia and Seventh Generation). Not only do they featuring cleaning supplies but they also feature items for children (such as toothpaste, vitamins, and diapers) and other personal care items.
There’s no fee to join and shipping is a flat rate of $2.99. They do have a VIP program that provides you with free shipping along with some other perks (such as free items) but you really can’t beat $2.99 shipping.
So here’s what I got:
Can you believe that I got all of this for only $20.91?? I receive a free four-piece gift set with my first purchase AND they added in the glass spray bottle as an extra bonus.
- Mrs. Meyer’s – Surface Scrub (Lavender)
- Glass Spray Bottle: I can’t wait to use this spray bottle for one of my own cleaning blends.
- Method – Tub & Tile Spray (Eucalyptus Mint): I was running low on energy by the time I started to clean the shower but this spray smelled amazing and I think it made a difference. I still need to get down and dirty with the shower.
- Full Circle – Grunge Buster Grout and Tile Brush
- Method – Daily Steel Cleaner: This item is the one that I was most excited about receiving. All of our appliances are stainless steel and they always end up so smeared with fingerprints and general grime. After using the cleaner just once, I was amazed at how shiny our appliances were!
- Mrs. Meyer’s – Hand Soap (Lemon Verbena)
- Mrs. Meyer’s – Dish Soap (Apple Cider)
- Mrs. Meyer’s – Multi-Surface Cleaner (Lemon Verbena): I decided to use this cleaner on our pantry shelves as I was organizing. I love the smell and it isn’t overpowering.
- Walnut Scouring Pad
While some of these products do contain fragrances, they are non-irritating, non-toxic and fully biodegradable. Until I get to the point where I make all of my own cleaning supplies, I feel like this is a step in the right direction!
Use my referral link to get an extra $10 off your order after signing up.