Before I had my son, I never really carried a purse. It just seemed like such a hassle when I could fit everything that I needed into my pocket. But now? If I don’t have my diaper bag somewhere around me when we go around, then we are testing our limits.
As my son grows older, I know that my diaper bag will evolve. No longer will it be a bag mostly of diapers. Instead it will hold coloring books, juice boxes, and best of all – snacks! Food tends to be more on my mind during the day than anything else. I live for meal to meal. Even though we aren’t big snackers, I know that as Caleb gets bigger, his needs will grow too, especially as we start taking longer and longer trips. So I might as well get used to packing some snacks. Besides, I enjoy having a little treat for myself during the day.
Here are a few of my favorite – and easy – snacks for the diaper bag.
- Happy Baby Organic Yogis Freeze-Dried Yogurt & Fruit Snacks – Nom, nom, nom. I’m not going to lie, I enjoy eating these myself. These bites are made with probiotics to help maintain digestive health and are certified USDA organic. The size is perfect for little ones learning to self-feed.
- Banana Chips – Banana chips are a great addition to any diaper bag. They are easy, low-effort, sweet, and best of all, CRUNCHY. I like to snack on them instead of potato chips when I need something to keep my hands busy. Even better, Target has no come out with chocolate-covered banana chips! Yes – CHOCOLATE covered. How yummy?
- Fruits and Vegetables – Fruits and vegetables are such an easy thing to add to your diaper bag. I highly recommend breaking down the produce and putting them in a container of sorts instead of leaving them whole. There is nothing that I hate more than a mushy banana and if the peel pops? Bleh, your whole bag will smell like bananas.
- Happy Tot Organic Fiber & Protein Soft-Baked Oat Bars – The package image pretty much sums it up. Even though we tend to avoid overly processed packaged foods in our house, it’s still nice to have something to grab when you are on your way out the door and realize that you don’t have anything packed. These oat bars are made with whole grains and real fruits and vegetables in palate-pleasing combos like apple & spinach and bananas & carrots.
- Seaweed snacks – Okay. I know that this might be completely out in left field for some but dried seaweed is a great, crunchy and salty snack to pack, even if it ends up being more for you than your little one. Seaweed is chock full of nutrients, including high levels of vitamins A and C, and calcium.
I hope that you enjoyed this post and found a few new snacks for your diaper bag.
What are some of your tried and true favorites?